Discover valuable insights on Malaysians Online Shopping Behaviors during festive and end-year sales seasons such as Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Cyber Monday, 11.11, 12.12 and End-Year Sales.
Some points to take note of are:
- Consumers made online purchases the most during the 11.11 Sale (59%), 12.12 Sale (54%), and Year-End Sales (35%).
- 90% of consumers who shop online, prefer to shop on e-commerce platforms such as Shopee or Lazada.
- Consumers who shop online largely use their Smartphone (82%) to make a purchase.
- During special online sales, 40% consumers spend an average of below RM100, 44% spend between RM101 - RM 500, and only 10% spend RM501 - RM 1,000.
- Majority (85%) of consumers purchased online items for themselves during the special sale periods, while 43% say they purchased basic necessities for their family/home.
- 78% say they plan ahead to make purchases during special online sales.
- Consumers say they plan to make online purchases this year (year 2020), during the 11.11 Sales (39%), 12.12 Sales (38%), Hari Raya Sales (38%), and the Year-End Sales (37%).
- This year, consumers are planning to make online purchases for Clothing (60%), Fashion Accessories (43%) and Beauty & Hygiene Products (41%).
- Consumers feel that the 12.12 Sales (42%), 11.11 Sales (41%) and the Year-End Sales (37%) provide the best promotions/discounts online. Only 9% say there is no pricing difference.
- 75% of consumers say the availability of various payment options on online platforms affects their decision to shop there.
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai. Find the data at "https://vase.ai/resources/consumer-online-shopping-behaviors-during-peak-sale-seasons"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 1,061 respondents sampled according to Malaysian Census and Malaysian Internet Census data. This aggregate analysis does not mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M).
Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregate.