Discover data and insights on Malaysian likes and dislikes when it comes to Loyalty & Reward Programmes. Learn about the rewards and services they value most when making purchases, and understand what they least favor out of a loyalty/rewards programme.
Some points to take note of are:
- 86% of respondents say they would prefer to shop in a store with a loyalty/rewards programme.
- 83% of respondents say they would be willing to travel to a physical store just to collect/redeem loyalty points.
- When shopping online, 85% of respondents say they would consistently select the same store to shop in just to collect/redeem loyalty points.
- Respondents say they would be loyal to a brand if the brand provided a lot of free items/rewards (72%), the brand has the products that they want (58%), and the brand provides a valuable shopping experience (57%).
- 76% feel they benefit from a loyalty/reward programme as they are able to get items at a discounted/promotional price, 70% feel that they are able to save a lot of money, and 66% like receiving gifts.
- 76% of respondents say the greatest attraction/benefit of signing up for a loyalty/rewards programme is to be able to redeem points for tangible benefits (e.g. free hotel stays, discounts, benefits).
- Respondents say the loyalty/rewards terms/conditions that they least favor are rewards which require high amount of spends (24%), rewards requiring long a duration to collect points (21%), and rewards which are only applicable for a certain duration and expires after (16%).
- 55% of respondents say they would share both positive and negative experiences with a retailer about its loyalty/reward programme, while 37% say they would only share positive experiences.
- More than half of the respondents (56%) say they would shop in a store which offered items at a higher price but also offered attractive rewards/loyalty that was relevant to them.
- 66% say they would shop in a store which offered items at a higher price but also offered great customer service as well as after-sales service.
- Respondents say a larger variety of rewards (67%), discounts for repeat services/purchases (65%), and personalised/customised loyalty/reward(s) are offerings that would make them return to the same retailer/shop over and over again.
- Respondents say personal information that they are least comfortable sharing with a retailer/shop/service provider are their place of work (15%), their personal activities (11%), personal income (8%), household income (7%), and their family details (5%).
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai in collaboration with Malaysiakini. Find the data at "https://vase.ai/resources/malaysians-likes-and-dislikes-of-loyalty-and-rewards-programmes"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/