COVID-19 has caused our government to issue a movement control order (MCO) which sets restrictions on Malaysians being outdoors. The was especially crucial in curbing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Read on to learn how Malaysians have adapted to working from home and how they are maintaining a work-life balance during these times.
Some points to take note of are:
- 24% are part of essential services and are working from home, while 22% are part of essential services and are still travelling to work.
- 34% say it is very challenging to work remotely during this period, while 9% feel more productive.
- 61% of Business owners/Traders, and 41% of Blue Collar workers say it is very challenging to work remotely.
- The top 3 reasons Malaysians say it is challenging to work from home is due to an unstable internet connection (35%), challenge to communicate with employees or team members (31%), and difficulties accessing data from the office database (28%).
- Top reasons Malaysians think it is more productive to work from home is because they are able to work according to their personal schedule (49%), the ability to have family time and complete work at the same time (37%), and because they have their own personal space at home (36%).
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai. Find the data at "https://vase.ai/resources/malaysians-working-from-home-during-covid-19"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 1,100 respondents sampled according to Nationally Representative Malaysians of various Industries. This aggregate analysis does not mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M).
Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregate.