COVID-19 has been declared a pandemic, stirring panic and worry, globally. In light of the recent restricted movement announcement, we asked 1,028 nationally representative Malaysians their thoughts on the latest developments.
Here's what we learned:
- 8% of Malaysians do not know how COVID-19 is transmitted.
- Almost all (98%) are aware of the safety measures to take in the prevention of COVID-19.
- Malaysians have reduced any outdoor activities and events and started to focus on online transactions.
- 44% Malaysians say they have taken precautions against COVID-19 by allocating emergency funds while 42% are purchasing life/medical insurance.
- 11% believe it is safe to travel internationally, depending on which country.
- 79% say they have been avoiding particular public transportations due to COVID-19.
- Besides Facebook (83%), 54% Malaysians are frequenting Ministry of Health's website (MOH) to stay updated on COVID-19 developments.
- 50% say they have purchased only basic home essentials and food that they need while 15% share that they purchased a lot of both.
- Majority of Malaysians are ready to take hygienic safety precautions even after COVID-19.
- 21% of Malaysians feel the movement restriction or social distancing will not affect their lives, while 30% say they had to cancel significant plans.
About Vase.ai (https://vase.ai)
Vase.ai is a market research technology firm specialising in online/digital research using online surveys and real-time online focus groups. With an emphasis on speed and accuracy, Vase.ai can collect data about the opinions and behaviours of consumers & reach over 300,000 Malaysians to deliver an insightful analysis of data as fast as 24 hours, while Vase.ai SaaS platform, Every, can deliver insightful analysis under 2 hours.
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 1,028 respondents sampled according to Malaysian Census and Malaysian Internet Census data. This aggregate analysis does not necessarily mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M). Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregate.