Discover data and insights of millennials outlook on Malaysia's growth since its independence in 1957. Find out what they think of Vision 2020 and areas which we have significantly excelled in as well as areas we need to work on.
Some points to take note of are:
- 73% of millennials are aware of the date of Malaysia's Independence, but only close to half know how it happened (49%) and who was involved (48%).
- 53% believe Malaysia needs more time to achieve Vision 2020, while 17% feel it is not possible at all to achieve it.
- Those aged 24-29 believe that to achieve Vision 2020, we need to prioritise political reform (52%), healthcare (51%), and arts & culture (31%).
- Those aged 24-29 believe Malaysia needs improvement on scholarship/university position quota (53%) and those aged 35-40 believe improvement is needed on race representation in politics (38%).
- Those aged 24-29 think that teachers should have lesser administrative work to focus on teaching skills (57%), recognition of students' achievements is insufficient (27%) and political education is necessary (16%). Those aged 30-34 believe that universities should be on a merit system (38%) and vernacular schools should be abolished (27%).
- Top reasons millennials want to and are considering to migrate are for better work opportunities (70%), higher standard of living (48%) and quality education system (48%).
- Millennials who intend to migrate out of Malaysia are motivated to make a difference in the country by improving gender equality (34%) and working with NGOs on a cause they believe in (35%).
- Those who plan to migrate out of Malaysia want to see content on women empowerment (25%) and gender equality (27%) in Merdeka ads, while those who are considering to migrate want to see "Clean Malaysia" content related Merdeka ads (73%) and ads in local dialects (11%).
- 95% millennials think Malaysia's education system and standards need improvement.
- 67% out of those who prefer International/Global brands, have more confidence in the products because they think the quality is more superior.
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai. Find the data at https://vase.ai/resources/how-do-millennials-feel-about-vision-2020/"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/